Sunday, January 11, 2009

Husband-Wife Relationship - Part 1

I was, I think sixteen and was listening to a radio station. There was this guy giving philosophical speech in the radio. In between he told a story about the relationship between husband and wife in different generations. I feel it needs to be passed on. I took the blogger's liberty and improvised the story a bit. And I hope I have done justice to it.

Script 1a [Happily Ever After]

Cast: (At their young age)Your Grandpa, Your Grandma, A priceless glass 'Love Swan' presented to them on their first marriage anniversary which they treasure.

Rated: G

Script
Grandma : [In kitchen, cooking]

Grandpa : [Entering the house]

[Love Swan is keep in a place by GRANDMA where its not supposed to be, at least today. Because our grandpa is going to kick and break it]

[Breaking glass sound. Grandma hears it]

Grandma : Whats the noise, did something broke?

Grandpa : The..

Grandma : Babe??

Grandpa : The Swan. I did not see it placed there, honey. I accidentally broke it.

Grandma : What??? [she comes to see the incident]

Grandpa : I'm so sorry. I should have been careful. You always say that this swan symbolizes our love and marriage. Every morning I see the Swan, it reminds me how happy a couple we are. It held us back together on our troubled times. It had been a part of our life, so long. Now I just feel terrible, dear. If one thing I wanted to change in life, this would be it.

Grandma : No dear, It was my mistake. I shouldn't have left it there. It is hard for anyone to see it. Its just a glass. What we have between us is unbreakable and that is what I treasure. In fact I'm ready to lose as many swans to hear what you just said. That is what I cherish more.

[Grandma Cleaned the debris]

[They kissed and lived happily ever after.]

P.S: The use of the term Grandma & Grandpa is just to show the generation difference.
I have made the story into 5 parts. The remaining parts are on it way.

No comments: